Excitement builds as runners prepare for this coming Friday’s (06 November 2020) Friday 5K Pop Up Run #2 powered by PUMA.
Consisting of four bi-weekly 5km runs that will start and finish at a designated venue in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, each Pop-Up Run is limited to 70 runners (per city) to adhere to Government Regulations with the first 50 entries (per run and per city) receiving a limited-edition Run Your City Series (RYCS) t-shirt. Runners who complete all four runs stand a chance to win their share in spectacular sponsor prizes.
“If a runner cannot make it to the designated venue or if we reach capacity, he/she is welcome to take part virtually,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “In other words, they can run anywhere, take photographs and share them to social media. They won’t receive the RYCS t-shirt, but they will be eligible to win sponsor prizes. This week’s colour theme is orange.”
“We are excited to continue the spirit of the RYCS by hosting the Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA,” says PUMA Marketing Director Brett Bellinger. “With four runs taking place bi-weekly from October to December, runners are granted the perfect opportunity to catch up with like-minded individuals while enjoying a 5km run. We would, however like to remind all runners to please adhere to legal Government Regulations for exercise.”
EVENT DETAILS: Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA
|EVENT||DATE||START TIME||VENUE||COLOUR THEME|
|1. Friday 5K Pop Up Run #2||Friday 06 November 2020||06:30||· Cape Town: Dolphin Beach Hotel Parking Area, Bloubergstrand
· Durban: Promenade (close to Bike and Bean)
· Johannesburg: The Mushroom Farm Park (cnr of Linden and Daisy Street – Sandton)
· Virtual: Runners choose their route
|2. Friday 5K Pop Up Run #3||Friday 20 November 2020||06:30||TBC||Blue|
|3. Friday 5K Pop Up Run #4||Friday 04 December 2020||06:30||TBC||Pink|
ENTRY is FREE OF CHARGE, but you do need to sign up via the following link:
Timing and Results:
- Runners can track their run either with a sports watch, fitness tracker, their mobile phones or Strava. After completing the Friday 5K Pop Up Run #2, runners must go to the RYCS social media platforms (Cape Town 12K, Durban 10K or Joburg 10K), there will be a results link via which runners can manually upload their results.
- Results will sit in a national leader board (per run) on runyourcityseries.com
Exciting Sponsor Prizes up for grabs:
Runners who complete all four runs stand a chance to win the following prizes:
- 1x VIP GOLD Entry and a trip (for two) to a 2021 RYCS Event of your choice (Cape Town 12K CITYRUN, Durban 10K CITYRUN or Joburg 10K CITYRUN) worth R10 000 (flights and accommodation included).
- A pair of PUMA Ultra Ride Running Shoes worth R2000 (per City).
How to be eligible to win:
- Take a photograph after each run, either wearing the “colour themed” RYCS T-shirt or any T-shirt in that colour.
- Upload the photograph to the RYCS social media platforms together with a caption that answers the question “Why do you run?”.
- Tag Ctown12, Durban10k, Joburg10K and @PUMASouthAfrica
- Use the hashtags: #RunYourCity #ForeverFaster
- Winners will be announced at the end of the series.
For competition T&C’s CLICK HERE
Please remember to abide by all legal government regulations for exercise.
Hashtag: #ForeverFaster #RunYourCity