Newly launched, the Run Your City Series (RYC Series) Running Club has released its first challenge on Strava, the Kick Start 5K Time Trial that needs to be completed on Saturday 13 March 2021.
“We are excited to announce our first challenge for RYC Series Running Club members,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “The Kick Start 5K Time Trial is the perfect way for runners to gauge their current level of fitness. The idea is to complete a 5km run (or walk) as fast as possible, this is a challenge after all. The challenges that follow will build on that fitness level.”
“Runners can choose their own location and route and will need to complete the challenge between 05:00 – 23:00 on Saturday 13 March 2021,” continues Meyer. “Record your run using a smartphone (Android or iPhone device) or smart watch (Garmin, TomTom, SUUNTO, Fitbit, Polar etc). Remember to load your activity to Strava no later than midnight on Saturday to appear on the leader board. Be sure to share your photographs and routes to the RYC Series Running Club page on Strava. You could stand a chance to win an awesome pair of PUMA NITRO Deviate Running Shoes to the value of R4000. It’s easier to get fit when you’re having fun. Why not invite family and friends to join the RYC Series Running Club on Strava? That way you can motivate (and challenge) each other.”
EVENT DATES: RYC Series Running Club / Kick Start 5K Time Trial
Date: Saturday, 13 March 2021
Time: between 05:00 – 23:00
Route: Runners can choose their own location and route
HOW TO JOIN THE EVENT:
- Runners must “join” the RYC Series Running Club via the following link https://www.strava.com/clubs/rycs
- If you have not yet done so, you will need to create a Strava Account before you can join the RYC Series Running Club.
- Runners can join the Kick Start 5K Time Trial Event on the RYC Series Running Club homepage on Strava by clicking on the orange “I’m in” button displayed next to the Event listing.
WIN WIN WIN:
- All runners and walkers who complete the 5K Time Trial and share their activity to the RYC Series Running Club on Strava within the stipulated time frame stand the chance of winning a pair of PUMA NITRO Running Shoes to the value of R4000.
- The winner will be selected by random draw and announced on Monday 15 March 2021.
More about the PUMA NITRO Range:
Years of research and testing have gone into five new key styles—Deviate, Deviate Elite, Velocity, Liberate, and Eternity—all featuring PUMA’s cutting-edge supercritical foam technology, NITRO. NITRO foam makes the shoes extremely lightweight and responsive, to help runners use less energy and run comfortably so you can reach your goals. For more information on the PUMA Nitro Range visit https://go.puma.com/7if
Hashtag: #RUNPUMA #RunYourCity