The Friday 5K Pop Up Run #3 powered by PUMA will take place this coming Friday (20 November) and the color of the day will be blue!
Consisting of four bi-weekly 5km runs that will start and finish at a designated venue in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, each Pop-Up Run is limited to 70 runners (per city) to adhere to Government Regulations with the first 50 entries (per run and per city) receiving a limited-edition Run Your City Series (RYCS) t-shirt. This coming Friday runners will receive a funky blue t-shirt. Runners who complete all four runs stand a chance to win their share in spectacular sponsor prizes.
“I’m not sure who is looking forward to the Friday 5K Pop Up Run #3 powered by PUMA the most, our event team or the RYCS community,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “The Friday 5K Pop Up Run Campaign has given us the opportunity to interact with the running community, while adhering to government regulations for exercise of course. The first two runs were extremely well supported. We look forward to continuing the trend at this coming Friday’s event. Remember this week’s colour theme is blue.”
“We realize that the Pop Up Runs tend to reach capacity really quickly, for that reason there is a virtual option for runners that could not sign up in time or that cannot make it to the designated venue on the day,” continues Meyer. “These runners can run anywhere, take photographs and share them to social media. They won’t receive the RYCS t-shirt, but they will be eligible to win sponsor prizes.”
EVENT DETAILS: Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA
|EVENT||DATE||START TIME||VENUE||COLOUR THEME|
|Friday 5K Pop Up Run #3||Friday 20 November 2020||06:30||
Cape Town: Rondebosch Common (parking area in Sawkins Road)
Durban: Promenade (close to Bike and Bean)
Johannesburg: Delta Park (Start is the end of Road No. Three at The Delta Park entrance)
Virtual: Runners choose their route
|Friday 5K Pop Up Run #4||Friday 04 December 2020||06:30||To be announced the week of the run||Pink|
ENTRY is FREE OF CHARGE, but you do need to sign up via the following link:
Cape Town: CLICK HERE
Durban: CLICK HERE
Johannesburg: CLICK HERE
Timing and Results:
- Runners can track their run either with a sports watch, fitness tracker, their mobile phones or Strava. After completing the Friday 5K Pop Up Run #3, runners must go to the RYCS social media platforms (Cape Town 12K, Durban 10K or Joburg 10K), there will be a results link via which runners can manually upload their results.
- Results will sit in a national leader board (per run) on www.runyourcityseries.com
Exciting Sponsor Prizes up for grabs:
Runners who complete all four runs stand a chance to win the following prizes:
- 1x VIP GOLD Entry and a trip (for two) to a 2021 RYCS Event of your choice (Cape Town 12K CITYRUN, Durban 10K CITYRUN or Joburg 10K CITYRUN) worth R10 000 (flights and accommodation included).
- A pair of PUMA Ultra Ride Running Shoes worth R2000 (per City).
How to be eligible to win:
- Take a photograph after each run, either wearing the “colour themed” RYCS T-shirt or any T-shirt in that colour.
- Upload the photograph to the RYCS social media platforms together with a caption that answers the question “Why do you run?”.
- Tag Ctown12, Durban10k, Joburg10K and @PUMASouthAfrica
- Use the hashtags: #RunYourCity #ForeverFaster
- Winners will be announced at the end of the series.
For competition T&C’s CLICK HERE
Please remember to abide by all legal government regulations for exercise.
Hashtag: #ForeverFaster #RunYourCity