The countdown to the 4th and final Friday 5K Pop Up Run powered by PUMA has begun! Taking place this coming Friday (04 December), runners nationwide are encouraged to join in on the fun by dressing in pink and completing a 5km run.
Launched in October and consisting of four bi-weekly 5km runs that start and finish at a designated venue in Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, the Friday 5K Pop Up Runs are limited to 70 runners (per city) to adhere to Government Regulations. The first 50 runners (per city) to enter the Friday 5K Pop Up Run #4 powered by PUMA will receive a cool PINK limited-edition Run Your City Series (RYCS) t-shirt. Runners who complete all four runs will receive a limited edition colourful headscarf and medal and stand a chance to win their share in spectacular sponsor prizes.
“Our Event Team has had an absolute blast catching up with runners at the Friday 5K Pop Up Runs powered by PUMA,” says Michael Meyer, Managing Director of Stillwater Sports. “The campaign has been exceptionally well received with runners clearly loving the color theme and we’ve saved the best color for last. With the Pop Up Runs reaching capacity really quickly, we encourage runners to sign up as soon as possible. For those runners that aren’t able to sign up in time or that cannot make it to the designated venue on the day, you can still be part of the action by taking on the Virtual Run.”
“The beauty of the Virtual Run is that you can run anywhere,” continues Meyer. “Just remember to wear pink, take photographs, share them to social media and tag our events. You won’t receive the RYCS t-shirt, but you will still be in the running to take home sponsor prizes. We look forward to closing off the campaign on a high note or should I say ‘Pink Note’ this coming Friday.”
EVENT DETAILS: Friday 5K Pop Up Run Series powered by PUMA
|EVENT||DATE||START TIME||VENUE||COLOUR THEME|
|Friday 5K Pop Up Run #4||Friday 04 December 2020||06:30||Cape Town: The President Hotel
Durban: The Promenade (Start close to Bike & Bean)
Johannesburg: Homestead Dam Recreation Park, Wilge Road, Farramere, Benoni
Virtual: Runners choose their route
ENTRY is FREE OF CHARGE, but you do need to sign up via the following link:
Cape Town: CLICK HERE
Durban: CLICK HERE
Johannesburg: CLICK HERE
Timing and Results:
- Runners can track their run either with a sports watch, fitness tracker, their mobile phones or Strava. After completing the Friday 5K Pop Up Run #4, runners must go to the RYCS social media platforms (Cape Town 12K, Durban 10K or Joburg 10K), there will be a results link via which runners can manually upload their results.
- Results will sit in a national leader board (per run) on runyourcityseries.com
Exciting Sponsor Prizes up for grabs:
Runners who complete all four runs stand a chance to win the following prizes:
- 1x VIP GOLD Entry and a trip (for two) to a 2021 RYCS Event of your choice (Cape Town 12K CITYRUN, Durban 10K CITYRUN or Joburg 10K CITYRUN) worth R10 000 (flights and accommodation included).
- A pair of PUMA Ultra Ride Running Shoes worth R2000 (per City).
How to be eligible to win:
- Take a photograph after each run, either wearing the “colour themed” RYCS T-shirt or any T-shirt in that colour.
- Upload the photograph to the RYCS social media platforms together with a caption that answers the question “Why do you run?”.
- Tag Ctown12, Durban10k, Joburg10K and @PUMASouthAfrica
- Use the hashtags: #RunYourCity #ForeverFaster
- Winners will be announced at the end of the series.
For competition T&C’s CLICK HERE
Please remember to abide by all legal government regulations for exercise.
Hashtag: #ForeverFaster #RunYourCity